www.cbportraits.com
Contact me: bonnie@cbportraits.com

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

We caved...

Yes, we did it - we finally caved. A new little tiny member has joined our home. Little "Kiwi" was found by my sister abandoned on the side of the road.

Savannah loves animals - she makes pets out of bugs, poor thing. My kids have never had a pet, and while a BIG part of me didn't want an animal to take care of, another part of me felt guilty. Aiden has been asking for a kitty, and Savannah just loves animals so much - I felt like that was an important part of her I wasn't able to nurture. My husband and I had talked, and while we never decided we'd get a cat, we did come to the conclusion that they are probably one of the easiest pets to have.

So, I said a little prayer, not asking God for a cat, but telling God if he wanted us to have one - it would basically need to be dropped into our laps b/c I certainly wasn't going to go pick one out at the pet store.

So, my sister calls us last week, going on and on about this sweet tiny 4 week old kitten she just found that needs a home. Oh my... I told her to go ahead and bring it over and we'd have a trial run for a few days to see how it went. If this cat wasn't friendly and cuddly - we were not going to keep it!

So, the kitty came to our house...and I guess you could say the rest is history. My kids adore him (her? We still can't tell! - hence the gender neutral name 'Kiwi'). He's the first thing they think of when they wake up, and by far the most played with toy they have. :) He is cuddly, loves people, always wants to be held, not afraid of the kids - and super cute. :)

I can't say that I 'love' this cat or anything - basically I just love what he does for my kids. To see them love and care for something apart from themselves is beautiful. I know we made the right choice when I see my son, unaware that anyone is around, hold the kitty and kiss him on the head and say quietly "I will always love you."

love

more love

little "Kiwi"

2 comments:

  1. How cute! Looks like the perfect little kitty. And Kiwi is such a fun name!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cutie! I know we can never have cats, but he's just too adorable. Makes me want one. Great name btw.

    ReplyDelete