www.cbportraits.com
Contact me: bonnie@cbportraits.com

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

As a photographer, you hear a lot about needing to find your own "style." The idea is, you learn a lot from other photographers whose work inspires you, but then you are supposed to find your own "style." Well, I've had a hard time figuring out what that is.

I really haven't been doing photography for that long, so I am still constantly trying to learn and improve everything I do. There are so many photographers whose work I look to for ideas and inspiration.

Well, just the other day I think I just discovered a piece of my style - it was a very exciting feeling actually! :) In almost every photo shoot I do, I have a favorite picture. And, what I just realized is that there is a common theme in each of these pictures! Let me post a few and you can see if you can guess it (a few of them you will have already seen on previous blogs).

From our recent vacation:
Joy

Contageous Laughter

Mother and Son

lovin the laugh

Will you be my Valentine?


Did you guess it? It's JOY! I absolutely love capturing joy!

Not the "look at the camera and smile" kind. The kind that you can't pose, stage, or set-up.

The kind that makes you feel like you are there in the moment with them, and you have an overwhelming desire to laugh right along with them. The kind that makes you ask what wonderful thing they must be laughing at.

I love to capture these precious fleeting moments in time.

6 comments:

  1. I absolutely love your work and I know exactly what you mean! That is my absolute favorite shot everytime! They are not always my older clients favorite as they think they look silly laughing, but usually they are my parents favorite of their children. I enjoy every single one of them. I love how you have put them all together. I must do that for myself to remind me why I do what I do. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pictures are BEAUTIFUL, full of emotion!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. BRILLIANT - lovely photographs and your capturing joy makes me feel like I am RIGHT there with them! They made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it!! I feel the same way about laughing faces it's just great and you can't help but smile and wonder what was so funny! Great work!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it!! I feel the same way about laughing faces it's just great and you can't help but smile and wonder what was so funny! Great work!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a GREAT post Bonnie! I know exactly what you are saying. I LOVE these images and you do a great job of capturing that JOY the people project in the moment. and yes... it's like a contagious laugh. When you look at these....you can't help but smile and laugh along with them even though we have no idea what they are laughing about!

    ReplyDelete